Can't quit DevKinsta

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
A: July 30, 2021 10:00am CST

Q: DevKinsta Version
A: Version 2.1.0 (2.1.0.1899)

Q: OS Version
A: Mac OS 11.2.3 (20D91)

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: Version 3.5.1 (3.5.1.7)

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A: No

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
A: Navigating to DevKinsta > Quit (or Command Q) minimizes DevKinsta and does not close it.

Hi @Andre_Gagnon . Welcome to DevKinsta! Thank you for reporting this issue. While this is intended behavior, I can see how this would be confusing. We’re looking into this to provide better options for minimizing and closing of DevKinsta. We’ll keep this thread open and provide updates when we have more to share on this.

Thanks for the response. So how do we quit DevKinsta? Or is it not possible to quit?

You can still quit DevKinsta, but requires that it’s force quit. Here’s a guide on how to do that for MacOS.

Totally understand I can do this, but it seems there should be an option to quit. I get that when you “close” the window, you want it to minify, but I think quitting should actually quit and shut down the docker instances.

You’re absolutely right. I’ve let the devs know about this issue here. I’d love to see a toggle where it would provide an option whether to quit or minimize.

I am having the same issues. Ever since I updated Docker the app opens, Docker opens and then when I quit DevKinsta nothing happens. I cannot even force quit it. I have to reboot. It has basically become unusable for me on my Mac.

Welcome to DevKinsta @motorsportprospects . I’m happy to help. We’re working on ways to improve this functionality. You can certainly quit the application, and should be able to. This guide here provides instructions on how to force an app to quit.

I know how to Force Quit. The problem is that the app is not available to select in Force Quit and when I quit on the App nothing happens until I reboot. There is obviously something going on in the background. How do I completely uninstall it? When I drag both Docker and DevKinsta to the trash and then reinstall the same behavior occurs.

Hey @motorsportprospects :slight_smile: You can right-click the menu bar icon to completely quit DevKinsta:

quit-devkinsta

1 Like

When I quit it will not reopen. Something is clearly wrong in how it is installed on my Mac. Never had this before. I want to completely uninstall this app.

@philippstracker Thanks for the tip! Much better than force-quitting. :sweat_smile:

I’m not having the same issue as @motorsportprospects. I can quit and reopen without issues.

Hi @motorsportprospects . I’m sorry to hear you’re still having issues. Do any errors appear when you attempt to reopen it? What exactly occurs when attempting to reopen? Does the icon on the top right disappear when it has quit?

As for uninstalling, you may uninstall it much like any other Mac application by dragging the application to your trash.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.