Cannot open wp-admin

Hi, I get a 404 Not found error when I click the “WP Admin” button in DevKinsta.

I suspect this may be because I am using the “WPS Hide Login” plugin on my website so that I log into something other than wp-admin to get to my admin area (because I was having very active attacks of bots trying to login to my admin area constantly). The plugin doesn’t change the wp-admin area once you’re logged in…it just changes the url of where you log into wp-admin.

So…is there some way to support the use of this plugin in the local environment? As otherwise I cannot get into the .local version of the admin area of my website in DevKinsta. Any other options?
Thanks!

Hi @r_l .The “WP Admin” button on DevKinsta is simply a shortcut to the /wp-admin/ URL. I’m afraid at this time DevKinsta does not support changing this shortcut. However as it’s just a shortcut, you can still type in your custom login in your URL bar. You should still have access to login via your custom login URL.

I understand this is not as convenient as the shortcut button. This would make for a great feature request though on the ability to edit the shortcut button URL.

A post was split to a new topic: Username and Password for /wp-admin/

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
**A:**01/21/2021 3:56pm MT

Q: DevKinsta Version
**A:**latest. not sure where to find this.

Q: OS Version
**A:**Windows 10 64-bit

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A:

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
**A:**After clicking the Site Host link

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
**A:**Clicking Site Host link (which shows as https://mywebsitenam.local in DevKinsta results in 404 Not found in the chrome tab that opens

Hi @r_l ! Welcome to DevKinsta :slight_smile:

During the 404, is it still the same site? Would you be able to create a new WordPress site on DevKinsta and let me know if the new site shows a 404?

Thanks!